In Vancouver, a vibrant downtown sits adjacent to stunning coastal views and grand mountain ranges, offering tourists a unique blend of beauty and thrill. So, we’re calling all adrenaline junkies for a long weekend that’s sure to get your palms sweating (and make all of your Instagram friends jealous.)
- Zipline down Grouse Mountain. Leave your fear of heights at home to cruise through peaks and snow covered mountains. You’ll reach speeds of 80 kilometers per hour on a five-line track high above downtown Vancouver on the Grouse Mountain Zipline. You’ll want to dress warmly for this one – the tour lasts around 2 hours and runs all winter.
- Walk the Capilano Suspension Bridge: Get a bird’s eye view of lush evergreens and fresh West Coast Rainforest from 7 different footbridges at this historic state park. Doesn’t sound heart-pumping enough? You’ll be 100 feet above ground and held up by only a few anchor points, so this isn’t your average walk in the park. From narrow cliff walks to a steep 125 year old bridge, there are plenty of sights to keep you entertained.
- Snowmobile over the mountain ranges: Take your snow activities up a level with a trip on untouched mountain terrain. Riding through the powder has never been more thrilling, with miles and miles of mountain to see at top speeds.
- Scuba dive the vast coast of Howe Sound: The real adventure lies below the surface. Hop on one of the many charters around the area to explore ship wrecks, unique wildlife, and every natural beauty the British Columbia coast has to offer. If you think summer is the only time to suit up, think again. The water is clearer than ever during the winter, with visibility up to 80 feet.
- Bungee jump over the Cheakamus River. This gorgeous view alone could take your breath away, but why stop there? You’ll make the plunge surrounded by high cliffs, stunning greenery, and rapid glacial-fed blue water. Make a day trip to Whistler Bungee (a quick 1 hour drive from Vancouver) during any part of your trip – this venture is open 7 days a week, all year round.
It’s time to step outside of your comfort zone during your next trip, cross a few adventures off of your bucket list, and make memories to last a lifetime. When you’re spent on thrills, rest up at Park Inn & Suites by Radisson, Vancouver. There you can enjoy beautiful cityscape views from your private balcony and recharge with our full service restaurant. You can also stay at the conveniently located Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport, where you’ll loosen up and warm up in a heated pool and whirlpool tub.
So, are you brave enough to tackle this itinerary?